A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Only halfway there!

Yesterday Henry Allingham became 109 years young and is the proud holder of the title "Oldest Man in Britain". That it should go to Henry is fate handing a special recognition to a remarkable man!

Yesterday, I was only 55 years young but this birthday I passed the point where I was half Henry's age. If I have felt old for my age, being reminded of Henry's active life and still active mind, abilities, and sense of being, has encouraged me to feel very good about life.

So, I am on the next 54 years, which will prove exciting, interesting, and challenging. Being the father of a 3-year old and 2-year old, I could end up yet as a grandfather!

Happy Birthday Henry!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4613587.stm

0 comments:

Post a Comment