A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A really cheesy decision!!

The government is considering altering the compensation payouts for those innocent people wrongly convicted. Whilst no amount of compensation will suffice the wrong done to such people (the worst nightmare to befall any person in this world other than gratuitous torture!) it does help to restore them to their previous position.

As usual, the government is seeking to cheesepare whilst missing the point entirely. Those who SUFFER the consequences of crime MUST be adequately catered for. There has to be a properly funded compensation board.

However, being wrongly convicted is the most soul destroying thing to happen. Remember Stefan Kiszko? Well, he was properly kippered by the state because he fitted the profile the police and prosecuting authorities wanted. Have they ever said sorry?

If Blair wasn't so involved in Iraq he wouldn't need to have the Home Office come up with such a horrid plan! Both the victims of real crime and those wrongly convicted could both get justice from fair compensation! If one of these Home Office mandarins was found to be wrongly prosecuted and convicted, would they smile sweetly and accept it all? I don't think so!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4921230.stm
http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/stefankiszko/index.html

2 comments:

I love your blog which is exactly what it says on the label - A View from Middle England - long may you continue. I am fairly new to blogging but not to computing and I am currently exploring ways to become influential and admired by robots. Sad, I know, but we are ruled by these cuddly little metal micky creatures and must pander to their whims to get anywhere in this ever shrinking, digital world. One of the things I came across was a Favorites widget which highlights latest postings and I tried to put your site on it, successfully, but only to find that there were no postings for 300 odd days. There are 2 issues here. One is that you are not registered with this particular gizmo ie. Technorati, and the other is that the likes of you and me should be embedding tags in our posts so that we get invited to robot parties ie. listed. You might know something about all this since you have put 'Internet' as your industry on your Profile or you may be interested, as I am, to explore further. I hope, at the very least, you will try signing up to Technorati. If you have a look at my blog and follow the links you will see what I mean. My blog is at: http://perilouspierre.blogspot.com
I look forward to hearing form you. Pierre

I was a young man when I first posted but now I am old and grey. Alas.
Pierre

Post a Comment