A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Thursday, January 18, 2007

In the midst of life

Accidents can happen at any time to us. We live in a fragile world. I'm sitting here worrying about my garden fence in these high winds. It's all been put into persective. What's a fence in all reality? I can put it back up when the winds die down.

On the news I heard that a man had died in the storms. I thought nothing much of it. But it was someone known in the Birmingham area, as the man was Richard Heard, Managing Director of Birmingham Airport.

The airport's press release says all, especially about leadership with a human touch. I did not know him other than for his position at the airport. But it brought home to me that most worries are not important, life is all too short, and people do make a difference and are remembered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment