A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Ron Paul to fight on in leaner condition!

Ron Paul is being seen by some as thinking of opting out of the race. This is because he sent an email to supporters.

"Let me tell you my thoughts. With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero. But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get. But with so many primaries and caucuses now over, we do not now need so big a national campaign staff, and so I am making it leaner and tighter. Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican."

A brokered convention was the aim, seeing as how Ron Paul's ideas were being sidelined. But by going on to the finish, two things will emerge. He will continue to be seen as a contestant so there will be debates and discussions. And his ideas will go forward to the convention, backed up by as many delegates as can be garnered.

John McCain would be a fool to ignore the significant feeling within the USA, and outside, for the ideas that Ron Paul puts forward. There is still work to be done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment