A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thompson out of the White House race!

"I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort". This is part of a short statement that ended the presidential hopes of actor and former senator Fred Thompson.

This statement was not unexpected, as the media had been mumbling about the possibility of him withdrawing since last week. It now narrows the field, but no rider is yet seen as winning all the races.

Fred08

As a postscript, I see that the BBC was quick to take Fred Thompson's name off the drop down "Pick a Candidate" menu. They now have space to replace him on the Poll Tracker with Ron Paul's name. Any bets on when this will happen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment