A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

John Redwood hits the nail!

John Redwood's got an excellent blog. I'm biased I know, but I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if he had become Prime Minister. Here's a man who knows about banking, knows about bankers and could have been a whole lot different. Oh, well!

He writes some good stuff. "I have been pressing the government for some transparency on the UK’s economic prospects. The totally out of date forecasts the Treasury is using are not helpful. We need to know the government’s latest and best estimate of how bad it will be in 2008 and 2009, so businesses can plan accordingly." and "I have taken the view that it is irresponsible to join in circulating rumours about individual world banks, at a time when there is a desperate need to rebuild confidence."

The only thing I'd ask is that any incoming Conservative government makes sure this frenzied poker-type banking doesn't happen again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment