A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back on the boil!

There's no other way to put it really. I went off blogging and sort of thought "Oh, what's the point!". I have gone down to rock bottom as far as the Coalition is concerned. I had high hopes. No doubt they did too. That Downing Street rose garden thing was all sweet smiles and future prospects. But then it all seemed to go pear-shaped. In fact that's a bit unfair to pears. This mess were in is more like that custard upset on the Great British Bake Off. Dripping everywhere with people looking on, seemingly helpless to intervene. So my mind went off blogging. Well, not the idea of it, just doing it. I've had all manner of things to get my brain incensed or thinking or just whimsically moving. I could have done a post on Andrew Mitchell and his Plebgate nonsense. I didn't. I just sort of thought "Well, he would say that, wouldn't he?" to myself and thought of all the types like him I've met who, as my mother might have said, "let the side down". I could have said something about David Cameron's weasle-like support of Mitchell, but no, I thought, why bother. But now it seems a perfect storm has come by. The Church of England is sucking up to the secular world like a wartime spiv outside a hosiery factory. The Coalition is letting lose a bunch of witchfinder generals, all keen to do their politically correct nosey business. Yet the corporate world is avoiding their responsibilities, localism is virtually dead and the public has a very cynical view of politicians. Witness the police and crime commissioner elections. So, like a bear waking from a slumber (one with a few bad dreams in it), I am gearing up to what's going on and have something to say again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment