A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Friday, June 03, 2005

No Bibles Please - We're Offended!

The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust has come out of the laundry room claiming to put Politically Correct hospitality in its biblical place. No Bibles in the lockers please, as this might cause offence. To whom I may ask! Surely not to any right-minded Moslem or Jew. If I was incapacitated, lying in a state of ailment, I certainly would not be offended by the Quran or The Tanakh being in the locker by my bedside.

If I were an atheist or agnostic, I would be thinking that the books could have no effect on me at all. Would anyone else be offended? I doubt it!

The bigwigs from Leicester's three main hospitals were apparently considering moving the holy book from patients' bedsides because it may cause offence. To cap it all they allege it may be responsible for spreading the superbug MRSA.

God sent ten plagues on Egypt because Pharaoh wouldn't release the Hebrews. He might send three plagues on the Leicester hospitals because the bigwigs won't release the bibles! And it won't be MRSA!

The logic of this crazed reasoning is that only a crazed religious fundamentalist would go hollering to matron to complain!
http://www.gideons.org/

0 comments:

Post a Comment