A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tony Blair better than Michael Foot?

In the General Election of last month, New Labour won "an historic third term" but seem quite quiet about saying so since the election. Well, they probably have good reason to be quiet, because the facts give rise to no real right to celebrate.

In 1983, Michael Foot was deemed to be a failure because he lost the election then gaining Labour only 20.6% of support from eligible voters. In 2005 Tony Blair wins with 21.6%.

How does Tony Blair's "One Per Cent" gain make him any better to run the country than Michael Foot? The answer lies in the fact that in 1983 third party politics was not strong, but in 2005 the Liberal Democrats took a sizeable chunk of votes and that doesn't include "fourth parties" which garnered more votes than ever. The electorate is splitting away from two-party politics, whether we like it or not.

No wonder the grin on Tony Blair's face is weakened. No wonder Jack Straw no longer smiles benignly when on international trips. Their "historic third term" is based only on the vagaries of an electoral map and not on the wholehearted support of the British people.

http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/publications/briefings/election2005.pdf

12 comments:

Tony Blair seem's OK

Learn How The SMART Real Estate Investors Get RICH....And Its' NOT With Rentals, Forclosures Or The "Fix And Flip" Game.....

Click Here For More
Information


commercial real estate

Real Estate Investors......You Are Shortchanging Yourself If You Are Just Doing "Fix And Flips", Foreclosures Or Renting Properties And All Of The Other Things That The Popular "GURUS" Are Telling You To Do.

Let Me Explain Why......

Click Here For More
Information


real estate investment course

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a radio scanner mods site/blog. It pretty much covers radio scanner mods related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a live media police scanner window site/. It pretty much covers live media police scanner window related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

There is alot of Blogs, I never guessed I'd find some usefull information.

Thanks.
I'll be back later to see if anymore good updates are available.

hello, your blog is interesting to read, I have a currency trading website, it is informative and provides many currency charts and real time currency quote. It should be helpful to your trading.

Wow I have been searching all day and finaly some information I can use. Thanks

Your blog is coming along good

Hey nice blog, doing a good job,

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.裸体

Post a Comment