A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Rudeness or Rage?

At the moment I seem to be having an interesting, almost bazarre, encounter with some pedant on a forum, who not only trashes any comment I may say (I've lost his plot apparently!) but he has done the same with others who had the temerity to stray from his narrow path of righteousness!

This has me thinking of Victor Meldrew, the rather curmudgeonly husband and neighbour, of the sitcom series. However, Meldrew had a streak of humour in his cursing and cussing. It would be a sad day indeed if the cause of English democracy were hijacked by po-faced pedants all peering out of petite white laced windows, hoping that their world of correct Englishness was being strictly adhered to. Is this manifestation caused by natural rudeness or is it the release of pent up rage, held previously in check by personal isolation of beliefs and desires?

Whichever it may be, by campaigning for an English parliament, I sincerely hope that we are capable of keeping the lid on some frightful demand for a return to a Cromwellian nightmare of social repression and political stifling!

3 comments:

I've replied to that thread Arden. It will hopefully either stop the argument or draw the fire from you to me (and I can do something about it). :-)

Thanks wonko! I think us bloggers are forming a team!

Harold and Aslan are EDP. Anyone that differs for their narrow perspective is 'not an English patriot'.

I would take too much notice of them, I don't.

Post a Comment