A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Apology Time!

Sometimes in the blogging world things get said that shouldn't be said. Actually, that applies pretty well to most situations. In my post about the EU Treaty I said that Nick Harvey MP was going on about "anti-Europeans" and I was miffed about this. My problem was I didn't check over the piece I wrote and got him mixed up with Stephen Ladyman MP who was challenged for his seat by none other than Nigel Farage, Leader of UKIP.

Stephen Ladyman was the one who was talking of anti-Europeans and being generally denigratory. Nick Harvey on the other hand is well-known for having had a less that fulsome enthusiasm for everything EU. Now, quite a lot of LibDem MPs and party members do use the epithet anti-European when they know they should say anti-EU, but, hand on my heart, I have never heard Nick Harvey say that, or have I read it!

So - bottom line is this! Sorry Nick Harvey for the mistake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment