A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ron Paul heading for victory in Louisiana?

The Louisiana caucus results are brewing up something of a surprise. The net is awash with rumours that he could do well. In one caucus meeting he won ELEVEN of the 15 delegates. I hope I'm not getting too excited, but things are looking very positive for Ron Paul.

If he wins, does that put him up with the frontrunners as far as Fox News is concerned? We will be watching!

PS: The BBC have succumbed and put Ron Paul on their site in "profiles", but not on the poll tracker!

I've had a look at the GOP Louisiana site. I can't fathom what it all means, and I'm not the only one. Seasoned watchers from the USA are equally nonplussed! I hope they haven't exported this kind of democracy to Iraq, otherwise they'll be caucusing to kingdom come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment