A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Long distance information, give me.....!!

New Year has arrived and the Indian call centres have cranked up into top gear. I've just had three on the line in quick succession. One trying to flog a mobile phone scheme, another talking about my house in detail, and the last preposterously suggesting that the British Government wanted to help me, should I have "any unsecured debts"!

Most of them, when told that I'm not interested, hang on in a similar vein to the drowning man in Tony Hancock's Radio Ham ("Mayday, mayday, please, please, I am sinking in the Indian Ocean!") only to be advised he'd be better off talking to someone better prepared.

The thing that gets me is that these call centres seem to be badly linked up to the phones. Mostly it is like talking to a person in a drain. Progress? Of a sort, I suppose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment