A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Monday, September 28, 2009

Back from the swine flu brink!

I've got Piglet Flu!I have no real knowledge of what I have just had. It could be swine flu or it could be seasonal flu. In my case maybe Early Autumn Flu. I've still got that nagging phlegm that lingers afterwards, but I've not got that awful achy headache.

It was suggested I went to the doctor but I felt too wretched to get out of bed. Yesterday a retired doctor told me, "They don't want you anyway. Cluttering up the waiting room. And likely to infect others!" "With underlying health problems", I helpfully added.

So I've weathered the thing without Tamiflu or Tammy Wynette. Viruses are funny things. Not quite alive but not quite dead. In a sort of no-mans-land of their own. We only know a fraction of what there is to know about them, apparently. They replicate, they mutate, they change appearance like Tommy Cooper's hat routine. And they scare the living daylights out of the New Labour lot.

Swine Flu is what we call it. The Dutch call it Mexican Flu. Nobody calls it Mexican Swine Flu and it's the Mexican swine that got the blame for it. I've seen a horse sneeze, and a dog, a cat, even a cow, but I've never seen a pig sneeze. Whatever I've had it was just a bit different from the last bout. And hysteria was certainly not a contributing factor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment