A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Rhythm of the Rain

Were the Cascades named after falling rain or did they sing this song because they were the Cascades? As a teenager I wondered to myself about this. I liked it when it first came out and I still like it. I seem to remember that there were two versions, one with the sound of falling rain and one without. This one is with. Although the title never did have the word "falling" in it!


Quite a few have covered the song, such as Johnny Tillotson, but this is the one I favour most. In many ways the Rhythm of the Rain is the Sixties for me. It brings back mini skirts, mini cars and mini worries! But listening to it literally washes away the drab times. That's the brilliance of these songs. Here's a site about the Cascades.

0 comments:

Post a Comment