A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Police drop Andrew Bridgen MP sex assault case

Andrew Bridgen MP
So Andrew Bridgen, MP for North West Leicestershire, has had the case against him dropped. He had vigorously denied any wrongdoing and said the allegations were entirely "false and without foundation". The police have found this to be true. But I'm a little wary of one or two aspects. Not only has Mr.Bridgen been subjected to what amounts to a false allegation, but he has been "released from bail with no further action." Does that mean they took DNA from him and still hold it on record? This is the thing about being an innocent caught up in a very wicked world. Whilst there are plenty who cry out "if you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to fear" there are many occasions, like this, when fear is hardly far from the heart and mind. If it was me, I'd not be certain of the outcome, even if I protested my innocence.

I can't believe there are many people who gladly accept false accusations with a high-minded desire to promote that ridiculous canard. Many innocent people have plenty to fear. I'm very glad Mr.Bridgen has had the case dropped. I hope the "29-year old woman" understands what she has done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment