|Waving to adoring supporters|
I take my hat off to the American democratic system and the chattering classes that spread themselves into studios across the land. Currently a section of this lot are in Ames, Iowa. One character suggested that the top tier candidates were Bachmann, Perry and Romney. Ron Paul got elbowed out of the conversation. I'm watching these partisan pundits with their sleazy language and loose grip on the facts. For their edification Ron Paul came second. He nearly beat Mrs Bachmann. Ron Paul is a top tier candidate - PERIOD!!!
As the election caravan chunters around the nation, some surprises will undoubtedly occur. Newt Gingrinch may come to seize the moment. Who knows? Anyway, with Tim Pawlenty out of the running, the race is now firmly out of the blocks with two front runners sharing over 50% of the Republican constituency. Ron Paul is going to attract far more support over the next few months. Hope is has enough hot dogs to go round.
1. Michele Bachmann - 28.55% 4823 votes
2. Ron Paul - 27.65% 4671 votes
3. Tim Pawlenty - 13.58% 2293 votes
4. Rick Santorum - 9.81% 1657 votes
5. Herman Cain - 8.62% 1456 votes
6. Rick Perry (write-in) - 4.25% 718 votes
7. Mitt Romney - 3.36% 567 votes
8. Newt Gingrich - 2.28% 385 votes
9. Jon Huntsman - 0.41% 69 votes
10.Thaddeus McCotter - 0.21% 35 votes