A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Monday, July 24, 2006

Of Abraham Lincoln

"I was born Feb. 12, 1809, in Hardin County, Kentucky. My parents were both born in Virginia, of undistinguished families--second families, perhaps I should say. My mother, who died in my tenth year, was of a family of the name of Hanks.... " So said a great man. Abraham Lincoln, in fact. This got me thinking. Is Tom Hanks related by any chance?

Anyone know? Curiosity is getting the better of me!

2 comments:

www.genealogyspot.com/know/lincoln.htm confirms that "Multiple Oscar-winner Tom Hanks is a third cousin four times removed to Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States. "

Tom Paine

Thanks!

I've always thought that when people say "I'm no relation at all" about someone of the same name, they may be further from the truth than they think.

Post a Comment