A View From Middle England - Conservative with a slight libertarian touch - For Christian charity and traditional belief - Free Enterprise NOT Covert Corporatism

Friday, November 18, 2005

Being English is bad for you!

Gisela Stuart, the German born Labour MP for Birmingham-Edgbaston says that the rise of Englishness is a threat to democracy. She is worried by the number of her constituents who now claim to be English rather than British. "It has only been in the last five years or so that I have heard people in my constituency telling me 'I'm not British - I am English'. That worries me".

This is the headline in today's Birmingham Mail!

Well, I'm English, can't do anything about it, like being so, but don't try to be superior about it, although I am proud of England and English achievements.

Gisela is from Bavaria. I know a few proud Bavarians. She's talking rubbish here and should not scaremonger where there are no scares!!

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/birminghampost/news/tm_objectid=16385637%26method=full%26siteid=50002%26headline=being%2denglish%2dis%2dbad%2dfor%2dyou%2d%2dinsists%2dmp-name_page.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment